Three quick reasons why you should upgrade your old Joomla installation today:
- Better security
- Improved functionality
- More future proof
Joomla 1.5/2.5 to 3.x
If your website is still on Joomla version 1.5 or 2.5 it's time to update to version 3.
Joomla 1.5 reached EOL (End Of Life ) long ago, and as of Dec 31st, 2014, Joomla 2.5 has also reached EOL. This means no more security updates are released for Joomla 1.5 or 2.5, which could put your site at risk of being hacked if you are using eithe of these versions.
Here is why you should upgrade to Joomla 3 now
In addition to helping you have the most secure site possible there's also improved features and functionality to consider. The following is a partial list of the improvements provided in Joomla 3:
- Greater flexibility - Sections are removed in favor of categories in unlimited levels. You are no longer locked to the section /category /article, but can have for example: category /category /category /article.
- Better user accounts - The access control system has changed drastically, and you can create custom user groups and define the access levels different groups should have.
- Quick Update - Built in updating of the Joomla core and the extensions that support this new functionality. You will be notified via an icon in the control panel and can update with a few clicks.
- Fast restructuring - Copying and moving various topics can now be done in batch process where many can be moved simultaneously.
- Multi Language - Multi-language capability is enhanced and you can now run multiple languages without additional extensions, installing language packs directly through the administration.
- Better templates - Templates are improved and template styles can now be used, instead of several templates.
- Intuitive Interface - User interface is improved, and now you can for example Save, Save and Create New or Copy articles.
- Better SEO - SEO has been developed and unicode can be used in URLs and metadata can be added to categories.
- Better searching - Smart Search was added which provides an advanced search feature.
- Remove 404 pages - Redirect function with the opportunity to redirect old invalid URLs.
- Version Control - Now you can keep past versions of content as well as track who changed what and when. This feature also allows you to revert to previous versions of content easily.
How Much Will it Cost?
The cost of migrating a Joomla 1.5 / 2.5 site to Joomla 3 is completely contigent upon the version you are running, and the complexity and size of your site (number of extensions installed, amount of content, etc).
Our migration services start at $999 for the most basic site, and go from there.
In order to give you an exact cost estimate it will be necessary for our team to do a complete review of your site. Contact us today for a free quote!
How To Get to Joomla 3?
Contact us for a cost estimate to get you to the latest release of Joomla 3!
We will do a full review of your site and provide you with a cost estimate.
When inquiring about our services please allow up to 2 working days for an employee to contact you.